Scrip is a fund raiser for the school that helps subsidize the difference between the actual cost and the tuition paid. Merchants provide the school paper ‘Scrip’ and pay the school a varying percentage return when parents use it on purchases in their stores. Additionally, some merchants keep track of purchases and profits through the ‘club card’ or Escrip programs. Rebate percentages vary by merchant. See our Scrip Form for the rates of paper scrip vendors and the web sites for the club card or Escrip programs.
· Each family has a Scrip profit obligation of $400.00.
· Families have from May 1, through April 30, of the next year to meet their obligation.
· The obligation is measured by the profit received from paper Scrip, or in the case of paperless merchants, when the school receives notification from the merchant of the purchases – please note that in these cases, merchants are sometimes 1-3 months late in reporting to the school
· Families not making their obligation by April 30, must make up the difference up to $400.00
· If a family chooses not to purchase any Scrip, they may opt out at a fee of $400.00.
Families who have exceeded their obligation by re-registration time may use 50% of the overage toward registration fees. The balance will carry over into the next month. If families exceed their obligation at the end of April, they may use 50% of it toward May tuition. The balance at that time will simply go to the school, as the Scrip year is over at that time.
Paper scrip is available for sale in the school office during normal school hours and after all Sunday Masses from 8:00-12:00pm. Additionally, Scrip is available for sale during the summer as noted in the calendar.
Families are given a summary of purchases twice a year but can contact the Scrip Coordinator in the office at 224.6525 or via email to receive their totals any time. You may also contact our Coordinator to reserve scrip which is on back order or when you have a large purchase coming up. Scrip order form is available here.