All St. Apollinaris School parents, along with St. A’s faculty and staff, make up MERCY. Together, we are dedicated to strengthening our community, promoting the ideals of a Catholic education, and contributing a minimum of $100,000 to the school through fundraising events.
MERCY contributions fund new programs in the arts, language and technology, as well as capital projects, scholarships, and the gap between tuition and the cost of our children’s education.
- Some of the MERCY proceeds from 2015-2016 will go to the multi-year HVAC project that will bring new heating and cooling systems to the classrooms.
Since MERCY is responsible for organizing and leading our fundraisers, each family is required to volunteer 30 hours each school year to assist our children’s education and development. The hours will be equally split into to two categories:
- 15 “A” hours for fundraising events, which include Crab Feed, Gala and Auction, selling Scrip and Walkathon. Mark your calendars now:
- October 22, 2016 – Harvest Moon Party (substitute for Gala and Auction, which returns in fall 2017)
- February 4, 2017 – Crab Feed (end of Catholic Schools Week)
- April 7, 2017 – Walkathon
- 15 “B” hours for school growth and child development, which include very diverse activities. Examples include field trips, lunch or yard duty, coaching St. A’s sports, preparing materials at home for class activities, baking for school events and helping in the classroom
This time spent volunteering offers you another glimpse of your child’s development, as well as supporting our school community and dedicated faculty and staff. It’s also a great way to build friendships with fellow parents (we speak from experience).
We look forward to the insights and talents that our new families bring to MERCY each year. We also know that your time is precious. We have found projects that will work with any schedule, whether it is evenings, daytime or weekends.
Every single family is critical to our school’s success. With your contribution, we make a real impact on our children’s future by enhancing the learning environment, which allows our children to develop their unique talents and gives them the proper foundation to become amazing adults.
MERCY leadership is excited to work with you to continue to strengthen our school community.