St. Apollinaris Catholic School’s mission is to provide a Christ centered, faith-filled community where the whole child develops as an active Catholic Christian, a life-long learner, an effective communicator, and a responsible citizen.
St. Apollinaris Catholic School, established in 1959, is located in Napa, California, Diocese of Santa Rosa. The school was staffed and run under the leadership of the Sisters of Mercy of Loughrea, County Galway, Ireland from 1959 to 1991. Father Michael Cleary, who had been the pastor since 1985, was instrumental in the growth of the parish and school, including the addition of our gymnasium and communications lab, until his death in 2001. Monsignor Joseph Alzugaray succeeded him as pastor. In 1991, the leadership of the school was entrusted to the first lay principal, Mrs. Patricia Granucci. We are now honored to have Connie Howard serving as our principal. The faculty is comprised of 12 full-time teachers, 7 part-time teachers, one of whom is a Sister of Mercy, 16 staff members and a school psychologist. St. Apollinaris Catholic School serves 288 children from the Napa area. The majority of families are part of St. Apollinaris Parish. The Sisters of Mercy tradition that began 50 years ago continues to provide students with an outstanding Catholic education within a supportive, caring school community.